JOB TITLE: Multimedia Specialist
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Full Time - Salary/Exempt
Create digital video content for broadcast television, web and other media for KSMQ.
· Primarily responsible for postproduction duties, including the creation and delivery of programming content (episodic programs, promos, IDs, spots, specials and interstitials).
· Serve as editor working under the direction of producing staff and Production Manager.
· Responsible for the visual interpretation of content in consultation with producing staff.
· Perform all relevant postproduction duties, including non-linear (Final Cut Pro) editing, audio mixing, graphics development, basic animation, authoring and archiving.
· Update content on KSMQ website and social media as assigned.
· Facilitate programming feeds.
· Assist with technical duties under the direction of Chief Engineer, which includes broadcast operations, equipment installation & maintenance, and required FCC & PBS reporting.
· Participate in field production as assigned, including travel to remote locations, camera operation, audio recording and grip duties.
· Perform studio production duties as assigned, including audio mixing, floor management, camera operation and other related functions.
· Participate in cleaning, organizing and maintaining the production facilities.
· Maintain a working knowledge of production tools and equipment specific to television and web production. Seek new learning opportunities to stay current.
· Attend meetings and workshops as assigned and/or required.
· Communicate and collaborate with other communication professionals and with community partners and viewers, and always represent KSMQ in a positive manner.
· Exhibit a strong commitment to the mission and goals of public broadcasting.
· Perform additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (An equivalent amount of training, education and experience will be considered):
· High School Diploma or GED Required. Undergraduate degree in accredited journalism, communications, radio/television curriculum or related field preferred.
· Minimum two years broadcast production experience or related experience, with increasing responsibility.
· Advanced knowledge of broadcast production techniques preferred, with a demonstrated mastery of broadcast production and post-production techniques, including multi- and single-camera production, studio and location production, non-linear editing (Final Cut Pro), basic compositing, and digital compression.
· Demonstrable understanding of aesthetic principles of television, including visual composition, graphical design, audio composition, and temporal pacing.
· Must be able to lift a maximum of 50#, and have the ability to perform physical functions as required.
· Must have the ability and flexibility to travel to ancillary studio and other locations as required.
· Must be willing to work a varied, flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
· Must possess a strong commitment to providing excellence in a finished product.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – verbal and written. Must have ability to organize and present ideas clearly and persuasively.
· Strong visual communications skills to develop and arrange images to tell a story.
· A strong detail orientation to focus on both technical and aesthetic details.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to meet deadlines and timelines as required.
· Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and also to work successfully in a team environment.
· Must be able to handle stress in an appropriate manner, and be able to manage projects in a manner that is both collegial and productive.
· Working knowledge of public television broadcast, and web standards and regulations
· Strong PC and MAC computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, Windows XP, Excel, Photoshop, and Outlook.